10 March, 2013

Mini Superdrug Haul!

Now as luck would have it (not) my walk home from work every evening takes me past both a Superdrug AND a Boots... beauty addict torture!! I picked up these bits a while ago and actually just found these pics languishing in my Drafts so thought I'd share them...

Here's what I picked up:

 
Barry M Gelly nail varnish in Pomegranate
Sleek Corrector & Concealer Palette (in what I thought was Shade 3... more on this below)
Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in 001 Honey Douce
 
I didn't want to do individual reviews of these products as in one way or another I am happy with them but a teeny bit underwhelmed.
 
 
 
The Barry M Gelly nail varnish - the colour is gorgeous, particularly in natural daylight and is a great crossover shade from the Winter darks we have all been rocking. However I just don't see a difference between this formulation and regular Barry M polish, and it chipped spectacularly after one day. When I wear this it's with layers of topcoat, knowing I have time to re-do my nails that evening.
 
 
 
Love the Sleek packaging!
 
 
Now this is nobodies fault and no reflection on Sleek, or Superdrug really - but when I opened the palette I realised that a) I had picked up what I thought was Palette number 3, when actually the Palette 4s had been put in the wrong slot, and, not only that, when I opened it I was greeted with a clear fingerprint in the middle shade. Not ideal!! However I have kept this and use it for HAC. So no huge biggie.
 
 
This is nice. Thats the best word for it I think - it acts as a long lasting lip balm with a nice subtle tint to it - great as a sweep of colour. It's essentially what I've used as lip balm for the past month or so and it does a nice job.
 
 What do you think? Have you tried any of these products before and LOVED them? Any I should give another go?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thank you for taking the time to read my little blog - please leave me a message with your thoughts!

Liv xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...